Last summer, we caught the amazing Fela musical on Broadway and looked on with envy as the show traveled from New York to Lagos to London. We were sure Toronto would be overlooked for a while but we are happy to announce that we were wrong! On October 25th, Fela! makes its Toronto debut at the Canon Theater. Directed by Bill T. Jones and featuring a stellar cast and an air-tight afrobeat band, the production has racked up 11 Tony nominations and won numerous awards. Fela! uses Kuti’s politically charged and sometimes personal songs to tell the story of the man behind the music. We don’t think you have to be a fan of Fela’s music to enjoy this play but for Fela aficionados it is really a treat to watch these songs come alive on stage. The production only runs till November 6th and we’ve been told tickets are selling out fast. Use the “BAND50” promotional code on the flyer below to receive discounted $25 and $50 seats (full price is $35 to $130). Get them RIGHT now and thank us later.
- RT @NewYorker: Fifty years ago today, Otis Redding died in a plane crash. Though he was only twenty-six years old at the time of his death,…On: 4 hours ago
- RT @Bridget_Antwi: Lastly, major kudos and THANK YOU to @Chinedesign & @wearegumbo 4 bringing @AncestralBoddhi (& @ivanskiDiaz) to Toronto.…On: 4 hours ago
- Thank you 🙏🏾🙌🏾🎶 twitter.com/MellieLangie/s…On: 5 hours ago
- RT @Bridget_Antwi: Also, I discovered some new🔥last night. I didn't know who @ivanskiDiaz was until last night but mercy you've got a new f…On: 5 hours ago
- RT @Bridget_Antwi: At one point I actually stopped dancing and was just watching @AncestralBoddhi creating magic on the stage. The mixes an…On: 5 hours ago