We first came across artist Javid’s work during the first installation of the SUPAFRIK pop-up at Hotshot which was located next door to home-gallery workspace in Kensington Market. Inspired by Sufi Islam and drawing from Arabic calligraphy and Javid’s grafitti and mural-painting background, ‘Alaama is a layered exploration of feminine divinity. We were privileged to see a few samples of what he is working last weekend and to hear about his ideas for a truly immersive opening night experience. ‘ALAAMA (SHE KNOWS) opens this Thursday at 185 Augusta Ave, Kensington Market, Toronto. More details after the jump.
- Lol. This was such a dope idea. twitter.com/sergeibaka/sta…On: 10 hours ago
- RT @dugilbo: Ibaka on stage with this flag, along with Kyle and his kids and the trophy, brought me all sorts of feels #WeTheNorth #WeTheCh…On: 19 hours ago
- RT @blogTO: This is what Kyle Lowry's view of the Toronto Raptors Championship parade looked like #Toronto #Raptors #WeTheNorth #WeTheNorth…On: 1 day ago
- you know what...i just might. twitter.com/ShaeZday/statu…On: 3 days ago
- #WeTheNorth twitter.com/Klow7/status/1…On: 4 days ago