Last summer, we caught the amazing Fela musical on Broadway and looked on with envy as the show traveled from New York to Lagos to London. We were sure Toronto would be overlooked for a while but we are happy to announce that we were wrong! On October 25th, Fela! makes its Toronto debut at the Canon Theater. Directed by Bill T. Jones and featuring a stellar cast and an air-tight afrobeat band, the production has racked up 11 Tony nominations and won numerous awards. Fela! uses Kuti’s politically charged and sometimes personal songs to tell the story of the man behind the music. We don’t think you have to be a fan of Fela’s music to enjoy this play but for Fela aficionados it is really a treat to watch these songs come alive on stage. The production only runs till November 6th and we’ve been told tickets are selling out fast. Use the “BAND50” promotional code on the flyer below to receive discounted $25 and $50 seats (full price is $35 to $130). Get them RIGHT now and thank us later.
- RT @EsieMensah: Whose ready to jam with us one last time before we head out to GHANA?!?! This Sunday is an Afrobeats POP up and Party hos…On: 12 hours ago
- RT @Raptors: A month ago today, history was made. #WeTheNorth https://t.co/6mOZOPDaqROn: 4 days ago
- RT @namshine: .@HodanTV started @IntegrationTV to celebrate Somalia & its culture. We met at university & shared a love of music. 2 years a…On: 5 days ago
- RT @OkayAfrica: We are very sad to report that Hodan Nalayeh, journalist and founder of Integration TV has been killed in a hotel attack in…On: 5 days ago
- RT @chikaunigwe: A black girl's reading list: 10 books to inspire and challenge theguardian.com/books/2019/jul…On: 1 week ago